TYCROP is seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our dynamic team. The Purchasing Agent utilizes expert knowledge to purchase goods and services at the most favourable price, while simultaneously building and
maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. This individual will review requisitions, and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. Successful candidates adapt to an always changing, fast paced environment, and work well in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Monitor suppliers and supply chains to ensure compliance with approved terms.
- Report weekly on procurement performance and progress to supervisor.
- Responsible for material and assigned service contract development using qualitative analysis, and negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Responsible for identifying and approving new suppliers and maintaining approved supplier databases.
- Actively participate to identify areas of opportunity and barriers for effective performance.
- Utilization of procurement reports to manage suppliers.
- Adhere to Tycrop Manufacturing processes including the Supply Chain procurement process.
- Creation of system generated purchase orders based on approved requisitions.
- Manage conflict resolution between supplier deliverables and requirements.
- Collaborate with other functions to enhance project success on an as needed basis
- required by the supervisor.
- Report as required the procurement status of commitments.
- Attend team meetings to provide assistance in resolving issues, review progress and ensure assignment of new tasks.
- Follow the purchasing stream to closure working with Accounts Payable.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and training to buyers within the team as required.
- Analyze commodity vendor data and forecast trends
An ideal candidate:
- Working knowledge of MRP
- Excel, Word and Outlook
- Contract Management
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- PMAC Level 2 or better, APICS considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2-5 years procurement experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment: 5 years
- In lieu of formal education, 1:1 years of procurement experience ratio may be considered (in addition to the minimum experience requirement)
At TYCROP we take pride in providing progressive and growing employment opportunities. We are strongly dedicated to high ethical values and firmly believe in the importance of working together in a respectful manner. Our goal is to grow the company and prosper to provide long-term careers for our employees.
To apply to join our dynamic and growing team, please forward applications to email@example.com