Manufacturing Manager – ROSEDALE
TYCROP is seeking a results oriented, team player with proven leadership and mentorship skills for the position of Manufacturing Manager. TYCROP’s Manufacturing Manager is responsible for leading the Rosedale manufacturing facility in the directive of optimizing safety, quality, on-time delivery and productivity. The Manufacturing Manager is accountable for the review and implementation of manufacturing initiatives to control budget spending, ensure labour efficiency and monitor costs where necessary. Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Manufacturing Operations, the Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the following manufacturing functions: Parts Supply, Assembly and Production Control.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Director of Manufacturing Operations to ensure alignment and approval before execution of the points below.
- Promote OSSE Health and Safety to the forefront of MFG and celebrate the achievement of safety metrics.
- Provide leadership, development and mentoring to Managers under your control. Extend leadership reach deep into the MFG workforce.
- Drive accountability and high performance metrics throughout MFG.
- Encourage open and honest communication at all levels and develop a cohesive MFG team.
- Assist Director of Manufacturing Operations in implementing and maintaining an operational excellence program.
- Work with MFG Engineering to set-up quality improvements and actively initiate and participate in cost reduction initiatives.
- Full support and implementation of TQMS for Manufacturing in Rosedale.
- Lead the planning and balancing of load and capacity required to meet customer demand.
- Own the MPS and Labour Planning tools, use them to drive alignment.
- Maximize efficiencies and ensure the cost effective utilization of labour.
- Investigate new MFG processes and propose solutions for implementation in Rosedale.
- Help create and agree to the Rosedale Manufacturing budget; verifying against financials to ensure budget is being met.
- Communicate corporate vision and goals to MFG employees, provide accurate updates on progress to increase and maintain morale of workforce.
- Demonstrate ownership of the continuous improvement process.
- Manage the internal supply chain, to ensure internal/external customer requirements are met.
- Develop cross-functional teams and break down silos to reach common goals.
- Have a passion for our business and the well-being of our people!
An ideal candidate:
- PROVEN experience along with demonstrated results.
- LEAN manufacturing toolbox expertise.
- Professional Operations degree beneficial.
- Automotive, aerospace or steel manufacturing experience essential.
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, development of ROI’s and strategic planning.
- Ability to foster and develop trust with peers and direct reports.
At TYCROP we take pride in providing progressive and growing employment opportunities. We are strongly dedicated to high ethical values and firmly believe in the importance of working together in a respectful manner. Our goal is to grow the company and prosper to provide long-term careers for our employees.
To apply to join our dynamic and growing team, please forward applications to email@example.com
Closing Date: July 22, 2014